Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

I am different now.

Day 1, our assignment is to make a list of any fears or negative behaviors that have hurt our weight-loss success in the past. Read each one out loud, and then say, “I used to be that way, but now I’m different.” Here are mine that I came up with.

I used to have to eat all the cake or the leftovers on my kids plates so that it wouldn't get wasted, but now I have one piece and put the rest in the garbage because my body is not a garbage can.

I used to go on a diet for a couple months and then get off track and not get back to it for months, but now I get right back to it the same day.


I used to back down from my weight loss ambitions when it got hard ie no money for healthy food, sick kids, being busy, but now I persevere no matter what because I need to do this for my health and well being.


I used to look for a snack when I am bored, lonely, or depressed but now I talk to my husband, play with my kids, do a chore, take a walk, phone a friend or write in my blog.


I used to wake up and have coffee and nothing else for many hours and end up overeating in the afternoon, but now I get up and have my coffee AND a healthy nutritious breakfast so that my metabolism is working right from the get go.


I used to eat bad food when no one was looking and somehow talk myself into it not counting, but now I eat with my family.


I used to give up on my healthy eating endeavors because my husband will not partake in it and I get sick of making multiple meals , but now I eat healthy for me and if he doesn't want to it's not my problem.


I used to let my MIL talk me into going for a beer and nacho's or Japanese food, but now we go for a long walk in the park or go work out and the rec centre.


I used to make up excuses as to why I had no time to exercise such as chores, kids, spending time with husband etc. but now I put ME on my list of to dos because I am a priority.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news:

Today's Grub:
700 Whole Wheat Flax Toast with hummus, and egg whites and a coffee with skim milk and splenda.
1000 Green Smoothie with Spinach, Strawberries, Skim Milk, Flax seed.
100 Spring Mix Salad with .5 cup apples and .5 cup cottage cheese.
400 tbd
630 Whole Wheat Spaghetti, with Roasted Mushrooms and Zucchini, Tomato Sauce, and Lean Beef Meatballs.
900 tbd

Plus 2 cups of water with each meal or snack.

Will have to write more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment